For information on Travel Requirements due to COVID-19 click here
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private Taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
Note: There will be a person waiting for you after Customs Formalities with a sign stating the conference name. You simply need to tell your name to the taxi driver, so that he can escort you to your taxi for you trip to your hotel.
Participants may get an airport taxi on arrival at the airport. Service is generally very good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
Note: On arrival please proceed to the booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ company and the staff there (present 24/7) will be able to assist you. You do not need a voucher. Simply mention your name and provide them with your driving license.
The booth of ‘Astra Car Rental’ Company is located at:
- Larnaca Airport: after the exit Custom Formalities, opposite you, slightly to the left.
- Paphos Airport: opposite you as soon as you exit Custom Formalities.
Please note that the Car Hire Daily Rates are valid for 24 hours. Each daily rental period starts from the moment that the car is picked up and is valid for 24 hours after that. In case that a car is kept for a period exceeding 24 hours then the renter will be charged for an additional day.
Cars picked up from either Larnaca or Paphos airports in Cyprus are subject to an Airport Charge of 20 Euro to be paid locally.
Cyprus is served by two International Airports; Larnaca International Airport, (LCA) and Paphos International Airport, (PFO). More than 50 International Airlines connect Cyprus to the whole world; for more details regarding flights to/from Cyprus, please visit the official website of both airports at http://www.hermesairports.com. Furthermore, domestic communication between both airports and all the major cities on the island is very quick and easy via the extensive highway system.
- The Larnaca International Airport is located about 3km (1.8 miles) from Larnaca, 67km (42 miles) from Limassol and 142 km (88 miles) from Paphos.
- The Paphos International Airport is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos, 142 km (88 miles) from Larnaca and about 60km (37 miles) from Limassol.
Important note for travelers
As Cyprus is a candidate country bound to join the Schengen Area, Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid multiple-entry Schengen visas must first pass through a full Schengen member territory in order to utilize the visa in Cyprus. The Schengen Visa holder is allowed to travel to Cyprus directly from a Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
The above arrangements do not apply for persons holding a Turkish or Azerbaijani passport. If you are affected, please visit the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs website on how to apply for a Cyprus Visa.
For further information, please check the European Commission website regarding Schengen Visas.
Schengen Area as of 1/7/2013
Where Visas are being issued
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI) and UZBEKISTAN.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone: Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.